Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Found!

As a little girl, I always dearly loved Christmas time, the story of baby Jesus, the carols, the lights, the smells & sounds...everything!  But, after losing my mother and both grandmothers in the month of November, I have to admit that I've struggled with serious holiday blues.  
 This year I was asked to cover a Santa brunch at Hickory Hills Country Club 2 Sundays in December.  Always very grateful for the work I do I took it, but was conflicted in that  I was missing my church's Christmas program.  I asked the Lord to forgive me and if he wouldn't mind showing up during the event somehow in some way. =)
 From the moment I heard the sleigh bells I knew the Lord had sent a special angel to bless all of us that morning!  Speaking with Santa before the kids arrived and hearing his stories of the children's lives he touches and makes a difference in in the surrounding hospitals lit the deep Christmas joy in me again!  His dedication to the true meaning of Christmas (giving because Christ first gave for us) and living it out in his life every day was evident. 
To quote "Santa"; "Christmas isn't just a one day a year celebration, but a spirit of giving that can live in your heart all year long."  ...Thank you Santa
..."because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made Holy"~ Hebrews 10:14  Thank you Jesus! 

No comments: